Just a reminder: Grandparents’ Day is this Sunday, September 13! Here are simple suggestions communities can use to make this Grandparents’ Day the grandest ever.
- Bring a smile to a resident’s face, with a “Happy Grandparents’ Day!”
- Post pictures of residents with their grandchildren on your community Facebook page.
- Encourage your community book club to read a book that highlights the important role of a grandparent.
- Feature a special story of a grandparent resident in your community newsletter.
- Ask grandparents to share photos of their grandchildren at an afternoon coffee or tea.
- Encourage grandparents to display photos of their grandchildren on the doors of their residences.
Find more grand ways to celebrate here.