In roundtable #8, communities brainstormed and asked for suggestions about marketing during COVID-19. Cory Lorenz, Varsity media director, joined our discussion to share insights on media consumption during this period of social distancing.
Check out the takeaways below. You are also welcome to attend our next sales & marketing roundtable, coming up this week.
Cory Lorenz shares insights on media consumption:
- Everyone is isolated — not just seniors.
- Media consumption is up 60 percent since the quarantine.
- Netflix has over 2MM new members.
- Google keywords around senior living are up to record levels.
- Advertisers like AARP are spending more than ever before on digital ($17.6MM since 3/13/20).
- Coming out of COVID-19, consumers are increasingly adopting free, ad-supported streaming services compared to paid streaming services.
- MVPD (multi-channel video programming distributor)
- OTT (over the top):
- CTV (connected TV):
- VOD (video on demand)
How communities are putting broadcast to work:
“We bought cable through Comcast, and we targeted typical stations for seniors (news, weather, HGTV, etc.). We’ve seen some good interest, and it supports the lift we’ve seen in online metrics (along with mailers and other online media). The spot was previously produced, and we thought it would be nice to show lifestyle and happiness vs. the COVID message.”
Join the next sales & marketing roundtable on May 21!
We thank everyone for participating, and we invite you to join the next session on Thursday, May 21, at noon ET.
This week, Robinson Smith, creative director at Varsity, will join our general discussion for part of the session to share his perspective on branding in a time of changing messaging.
You don’t have to be a client to join — all are welcome. For call-in information, email DDunham@VarsityBranding.com.